This week has been an eventful week for Mr. Kylan. The first thing that occurred was his follow up appointment for his eye surgery. Dr. Frank said that he was pleased and amazed at Kylan's progress. The negative blood vessels in the front of his eyes were approximately 90% gone and the ones in the back of his eyes were 70% eliminated. Dr. Frank explained that typically the week following eye surgery they are just checking for regression in the eyes but in Kylan's case success was already starting to show. My little miracle is making me proud once again. They will continue to keep a weekly watch on his eyes but Kylan definitely is making strides in the right direction.
Another exciting moment for us this weeks is Kylan's transition to the intermediate NICU. I went to visit him last night and the nurse met me in the scrub room to let me know that he will be moved to the intermediate NICU! I sat in the room waiting on him and to my surprise the baby screaming coming around the corner was my child. He was upset about the move I guess? I had never heard those lungs works so hard since the day he was born. Once they rolled him in front of me I had to get up and soothe him. His eyes were darting around like he knew he was in a new location. I pulled out the magic pacifier and put it to work. I must say...it works like a charm. I hope it continues to do so.
Today Kylan had his first set of immunizations. He had gained a nice bit of weight 5lbs 3oz. The other exciting thing is that he is able to take big boy bathes now daily in the baby basins. They also have weaned him a bit on the high flow nasal cannula. It's been a busy week for Kylan and he is trying to keep up with the best of them. Nothing but good news from my little man. It feels great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's all awesome news Kourt! He sure knows how to make his momma proud!
ReplyDelete