Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The First of Many Moments

August 4th marked a special moment in time for Kylan and me. After 47 days of praying, waiting and even pouting a bit about it, I FINALLY was able to hold my baby boy for the first time this Tuesday. Most mothers are fortunate enough to bond with their infant moments after their child is brought into this world. Words cannot express the joy of this moment that I had imagined about over and over again but I'll do my best to put it into writing for you. :)

Kylan is still utilizing the low frequency ventilator for breathing so the respiratory therapist and his nurse for the day had to prepare him to be moved just a few feet from incubator to my arms. I sat patiently as they placed my little king into my arms. Truthfully speaking if it weren’t for the extra cords and ventilator tubing carefully taped to my arm, I could have held Kylan with one hand. He snuggled closely to me and soon went to sleep. I enjoyed seeing his face so closely and being able to smell his scent for the first time. There was no fear or intimidation of the medical equipment or his small size; it was just me and my son. We have been through so much in the past two months. I am so grateful that God has graced me with the physical presence of Kylan to aid in my emotional strength. I promise to love and do my best to provide all that my son needs in life.

3 comments:

  1. God is an awesome God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I don't know if I can take this. I am so happy for you Kourtney. I think this blog was a great idea!!!!. It’s a perfect way for friends and family to watch you both grow stronger, him physically and you mentally. To see where the both of you have come from and where you are now is only by God's grace. I can see how much more mature and responsible he has made you Kourt and I am so proud of you. Kiss my Ky and tell him I will be there soon. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes God is good! and Kere We both know your noodle knees ain't ready for Kylan yet. lol

    ReplyDelete