Sunday, August 16, 2009
Kylan is now 3 lbs 6 oz. My fighter is progressing everyday. He's now taking 1 oz of milk every 3 hours. Last Friday when I went to visit him, his nurses were taking out the PICC line (peripherally inserted central catheter) that was in his head. The PICC line is basically an IV tube that goes from his head to his belly. It is used to feed him nourishment and sometimes his medicine. Now Ky is well enough to take his milk and meds through the tube that is inserted down his throat. Thr next big step is to wean him off of the ventilator. The more weight he gains the better his lung tissues will heal. The ventilator causes lung issues after a long period of dependency on it. That's our next milestone and I can't wait! That means I will soon be able to hold my baby again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment