Sunday, November 1, 2009

I haven't updated you all in a while but things are looking up for Kylan. He is now drinking all 8 bottles a day and he is scheduled to come home Tuesday of this week. Feelings of excitement and nervousness all bundled in one. I look at my 8.4 oz little man and am in awe of how far he has come. One nurse described his beginning stages as "a spot in the bed." Now he's getting too long for his hospital bed! Tonight I have been able to room in the hospital with him. It is our first alone where I am taking care of him as if we were at home but with the advantage of having nurse assistance nearby if needed. Kylan is still on oxygen support so I had to become comfortable with the use of machine that he will come home on. It was my hope that he would be off of all oxygen dependency before coming home but that will not be the case. I am happy however to start our journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment