I know it has been a while since I've written in my blog. The real work has definitely begun. Kylan keeps me busy with his many doctors visits and now his increased desire for food. I remember when in the hospital we would have to make Kylan eat using the bottle...now he kicks and screams if the bottle falls from his mouth. We have increased his cereal and will soon start on baby food. He is growing so fast. I kind of want him to slow down. I know before we know it he will be running me around like crazy.
He had his first road trip to Louisiana for Christmas. We were excited to have him meet most of his family. We kept him warm and hand sanitizer handy as everyone wanted to hold the King. I am certain that he enjoyed it because now they we are back home...he's a bit more clingy than he was before. On top of that he is teething so he's been a little bit more irritable as well. There are some nights when nothing will calm him so I just hold him until he falls asleep.
Speaking of sleep...Mr. Kylan is on his way to his crib. Yes I am about to kick him out. :) I keep him in the bed with me so I can keep a close eye on his oxygen. Almost every night now he takes the cannula off of his face. I feel bad for him because it irritates him so much, but that time is coming to an end. Dr. Lang says he should be off the oxygen support by the end of this month. He has also become a kicker...he kicks non-stop when he is awake until he wears himself out. He also moves alot more now during his sleep. I am constantly picking him back up to place him back on his side of the bed. He seems to like to keep his feet strategically placed on my side of the bed.
This is by far the most rewarding job on my resume though. The joy looking into his eyes and watching him smile is beautiful. There are times when I cry to see how far God has brought us. I shall never forget and when he is older I will teach him to not take life for granted because he has been blessed with the gift when it could have been taken from him on numerous occasions. As for now...the work resumes. Gotta love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment